Twilight Storytellers: Short Movie Reviews Series - Part 7 "We've Met Before"


Hello, everyone! I'm back and I'm her to review "We've Met Before," a short film in the Twilight Storytellers Competition. This is the last short film I'll be reviewing, but don't forget to vote for your favorite! Voting ends soon, so hurry up and get your vote in. The is the last of my reviews. Feel free to go back and read my reviews. But enough about that. Let's get onto the review!



"We've Met Before" is a short film about the moment where Alice and Jasper meet the first time in a diner. This short film was directed by Yulin Kuang.

The beginning montage reminds me of a trailer rather than a short film. The first song that plays after the montage comes off a little strong. It feels like it drowns out the movement from the film. I'll give props for the sexy slow-mo, though. Alice is so snarky and cute. It's unbelievable. She's coming on pretty strong, though. I'm liking the banter that the two of them have. Their lines are perfectly attuned to their characters. I'm liking the almost climax. I love the surprise of the vision. I like thinking one thing and having it switch completely in the matter of seconds. It was a very nice touch. The "hope" line does remind me a bit of Catching Fire, but I'll let it slide. All together, I think it was a cute entry for the contest, and if you liked it too, don't forget to vote. I can't say it enough. Vote! Vote! Vote!

Well that's it for this review! Don't forget to vote for your favorite short film! Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ Button off to the right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018