Twilight Storytellers: Short Movie Reviews Series - Part 6 "The Mary Alice Brandon File"



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to review "The Mary Alice Brandon File," one of the short film submission for the Twilight Storytellers competition. This is this sixth short film I've reviewed. So make sure you check out my other reviews. Also, don't forget to vote for your favorite short film! The voting ends soon! But enough about that, let's get onto the review!



"The Mary Alice Brandon File" is directed by Kailey and Samantha Spear. Of course, it features Alice Cullen before she became a vampire. The short film explores Alice's dark past at the mental institution.

See, now this is the kind of place I expected Alice to be in, a dark dreary scary hell of a "hospital." You know, it's always worse when the medical professionals think they're helping when they're actually hurting. Again, I'm not big on flashbacks, and it also makes me kind of want Alice to get shocked so I can get the full story. That probably makes me a terrible person. But we're going down that rabbit hole - no pun intended. Her accent is adorable, and for someone who lives in the south, it is quite believable. I'm not quite sold one the smoky effects, but I'll give it credit for being a little different. I do like how it ties in with the Doc's pipe. I just wished the pipe would have been introduced earlier. Coming full circle is always rewarding, and I like how all of the strings of Alice's memories come into place. Now we all know how Alice lost her memories, and I have to say that this short film has made me so happy. The last look Alice gives to the camera is so attuned with Alice the vampire that my mind is blow. Awesome job!

That's it for this review! Come back tomorrow for the final review of the Twilight Storytellers short films! Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ Button off to the right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018