Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Hello, my lovelies! As you've probably noticed, today's post is going to consist of the stories that I have consumed in the last two months as opposed to just last month. This is mostly because May was a world-wind for me, and I didn't really consume a lot of content. I was mostly running around, trying to get my life in order (not that it's in a particular order at the moment), and other miscellaneous duties that took up most of my time. So today, I'm going to play catch-up and tell you my thoughts on the stories that I've consumed in May and June. Let's get to the reviews!

Related imageImage result for the a.b.c. murders

I've read two books in the past couple of months, Death on the Nile and The A.B.C. Murders. Both are by Agatha Christie and feature Detective Hercule Poirot. Agatha Christie has a way of making a puzzling novel that keeps your attention without making things overly graphic or by adding unnecessary action scenes for the sake of drama. She's one of my favorite mystery authors, so I may be a little biased in my rating of these two books. But with all of that in mind, I'm going to give these books a solid A. 

Image result for Brooklyn 99

The next story on my list is the television show Brooklyn Nine-Nine. After witnessing the backlash after the show's cancellation on Fox, I decided I had to see what the hype was about. I have to say that I was super impressed. So much in fact, I watched the entire series in the span of a week and it has now become my go-to binge series. It's hilarious, but it's still very relevant to today's society. The show tackles tough societal issues while still being incredibly funny and intelligent. I'm giving Brooklyn Nine-Nine an A+, and I'm super excited to see what next season will bring on their new network. 

Image result for deception season 1

The next show that I finished was Deception, a show where a magician helps the FBI solves crimes. It's a mystery-of-the-week show that's a bit formulaic, but is an overall good time. If you enjoy shows like Leverage, that have a twist at the end, you would enjoy Deception. However, Deception is one of the shows that will not be returning for a second season, and I will say that the first season ends with a bit of a cliff-hanger. So if that's not your thing, I would stir clear of this show. However, I will give the show a B for its effort. 

Image result for pirates of the caribbean dead man's chestImage result for pirates of the caribbean at world's end

Next up, I have the movies that I've seen the past couple of months. The first two are Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. It's surprising how satisfying this series is. It's fun, filled with action, with a dash of romance and drama. I honestly did not believe I would enjoy this series as much as I did. Still, this movies aren't perfect. So, I'll be giving them a B+, and I'll be sure to see the rest of the Pirates movies. 

Image result for the other guys

Up next, I have The Other Guys, a movie about a couple of cops who have less than stellar reputations but are determined to make a name for themselves in the force. Overall, I have to say that the movie is pretty funny. It had it's unexpected moments, which led to some intense action scenes. I actually had to watch this movie in parts (it was a road trip situation), but it was compelling enough where I wanted to finish the movie. I'm giving this action comedy an A. 

Image result for deadpool 2 poster

The next movie I saw was Deadpool 2. As usual Deadpool was his ridiculous, debauched-self, and the movie stays true to its dirty, dirty roots. It's outrageous and ridiculous, and an overall good time, especially if you enjoyed Deadpool. It also managed to keep some of its surprises out of its trailers, which I very much appreciated. However, I will say that I didn't find it as engaging as the first movie. and for that, I'm giving this movie an A-. 

Image result for incredibles 2 poster

The last movie that I saw was Incredibles 2, a followup to the original Incredibles movie. Our family of superheros are trying to figure out what it means to be a family that fights crime. However, it's still illegal for supers to help. So, what's a super family to do? This movie tries to figure that out. And let me tell you, it does a great job! It's so fun, but it still has plenty of heart and soul. It's the movie we've waited over a decade for, and it was well worth the wait. I'm giving this movie an A+. 

And that's it for this post! I'll be sure to be back with more posts, including a special edition post that will be revealed later this month! Have a lovely July! See you guys next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018