Mockingjay Pins - Merchandise Review



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to review the promotional pins for the The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Mockingjay Part 1 movies. These pins were not featured in the movies themselves, but were sold as merchandise that matched the movie posters. I've done a review for the first pin that is featured in the first movie, but I will also mention it here and how it compares to the other pins. But enough about that, let's get onto the review (and pictures)!












Design-wise, they are very close to the posters, and while I really enjoyed the design for the Mockingjay Part 1 pin, I found the some design aspects of the Catching Fire pin, for a lack of a better word, strange. First, while the pin matches the poster, the poster and the pin do not match the book cover.



As you can see, the pin is facing the wrong direction. The movie producers may have done so that the mockingjay would transition from one form to the other easier, but I just find it irksome.

Another design aspect that was a little strange was the face of the bird. It looks a little "derpy." The other pins seem more fierce, and this doesn't make the cut in my book. I'll just say that it's not the favorite of the three.

The Mockingjay Part 1 pin is much more stylish, in my opinion. It's striking without being too gimmicky, and it's simple design makes it easy to wear it anywhere. It may be my favorite out of the three.

I like how they kept all the pins the same size with the same backing. It's interesting that the chose to make all the pins in slightly different color. A part of me wanted this last one to be black to match Katniss's costume, but I guess we can't win them all. I also appreciate how all three of the pins are of a good quality. I've had my first pin for a few years and the last two for at least a few months, and they are still looking good. There hasn't been any tarnishing, and they haven't been warped despite my poor treatment of them.

Now, the only way to get these pins is either on clearance at store likes Hot Topic or F.Y.E. or other entertainment stores or on Amazon.com. I got mine on clearance on Amazon. You can get them here and here for about seven dollars a piece with Prime shipping. Or you can check on the right for lower prices (but no two day shipping). For that price, I completely recommend getting these pins.

That's it for this review! Comment down below with more merchandise I should review! Subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for ridiculousness about my life and up to date information about the blog. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018