Shadowhunters TV: New Videos and What We Know Now - News! (P.S. There Will Be Spoilers!)



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to catch you up on all the information we learned this past weekend when the Shadhunters TV crew arrived at NYCC (New York City Comic-Con). We've gotten a lot of new videos, including a teaser trailer which I reviewed last week (you can find it here), and we've also received a date for when to expect the first episode for the new series. So let's get started!

So the first episode will air January 12 on the then Freeform (which is now called ABC Family) at 9 pm ET following Pretty Little Liars. I'm actually surprised we're getting it this early in the year, but hey, I'm not complaining. We're also getting a little documentary-type "segment" on the E! network titled "Making of Shadowhunters" on December 6. This may be a show or just a small piece of the E! News television show, but I'm excited to see what they will show considering how close I've been following the making of Shadowhunters.

We also got a full official trailer, which I will put down below. It shows actual footage of the television series instead of the more picturesque, green screen rendered teaser trailer that we got before. You can also see some of the changes from book. So, if you don't want to see any of that, skip the video below.



I expected some changes. There has to be changes with any form of adaptation. As long as those changes make sense and bring something new to the overall story, I'm all for that. If it doesn't, we're going to end up with the TV version of the atrocity that is known as Avatar: the Last Airbender (the Shyamalan version).

We've also received two new Sneak Peaks. The first one is a scene from the show, and if you don't want to know anything about it, you guessed it, skip over this paragraph, the video below, and the paragraph following it. It features the scene where our heroes make their way into Pandemonium, the club where everything gets cray. You can check it out below.


The effects still look a little strange to me, but to be fair, they are also on a TV budget. I do appreciate the banter between Clary, Jace, and Simon. It captures them without having to copy directly from the book. On to the next one!

Again, the next sneak peek is also a clip from the show, which means if you don't want to be spoiled, skip over this paragraph, the video, and the following paragraph. The clip is when our heroes are actually in Pandemonium, where demons roam and there is way too much fist pumping. Check it out!


Okay, so I'm really liking this video for several reasons. One: fight scenes! Two: IZZY! Three: the quick pace. So, yes, I enjoyed this clip very much, even if the Circle members looked like off-brand gangsters. I think everyone depicts their characters in a way that rings true, and I think it's a nice introduction for those who haven't read the books. Plus, the monsters look pretty darn creepy in my opinion.

That's all of the videos that have been released so far, minus interviews and videos of that nature. I'll be sure to post new ones as they pop up. With everything said and done, I'm pretty excited for the upcoming year and what Shadowhunters will adapt from the Mortal Instruments series.

That's it for this post! Comment down below with your thoughts for the TV show. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ Button on you right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018