Easy and Affordable Isabelle Lightwood Whip! - Cosplay Look/Tutorial



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to tell you how I made my Isabelle Lightwood whip. It's super easy, quick, and inexpensive. And if you have a really cute outfit, add this little touch and a few runes, and you got a last minute shadowhunter costume! Let's start with what we need!

All together we need a whip, spray paint, newspapers, and some old clothes. I got my whip at Ultimate Party for $6 plus tax, which isn't terrible, but I also found this whip on the Party City website. It is only $3.50 plus tax and shipping, which isn't too shabby. I bought my metallic silver spray paint at Walmart, which you can find here. It's about $3.70, and I found it to be the perfect shade for the project.

The newspapers and the old clothes are merely to protect the ground and your good clothes from the back spray. They are especially important if you plan to do this on a windy day or happen to be too close to the road when cars drive by. Guess which one I dealt with. Trick question. It was both.

Here's a couple of tips that I discovered when I was doing the project. You may want something heavy to keep your newspapers in place. For some reason my apartment complex does not have a single rock around. So I had to settle for pine cones. You may also want to have something to expand your whip or spread it out for awhile before you start spray painting. Also, have a spot that the whip can lay out for a little while and dry. It will be a little sticky until the paint dries. Speaking of sticky, there is a high probability that you will have spray paint all over your hands. If you are not okay with this, you need to procure some gloves.

First you need to get all of your equipment set up. Lay out your newspapers, and put down something that will keep them in place. Then get to spraying. Make sure that you cover the whip from top to bottom, and make sure you get it all the way around. This is the tricky part, and for me, I just went piece by piece, spinning it until I covered the whip. I only did one coat of paint, but if you really want it to be screen-worthy, I suggest two. Then let it dry. Here's some of the pictures that I took of the project!

Materials/Supplies
After Spray Paint

Tin Man Fingers
Finished Project
Finished Project Part 2
So now you have a weapon against the forces of darkness and a new accessory for your Halloween costume! Comment down if you liked this tutorial or other tutorials that you like! Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ Button on you right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018