Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials - Movie Review!



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to review Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials movie. This takes place immediately after the first movie after the kids escaped the maze. The people who rescued them give them a place to sleep, food to eat, and a way to send them somewhere safe. Or do they? But enough about that. Let's get onto the review!

I will start by saying that the movie begins with a flashback to when Thomas was a little boy. I will make this easy. The kid that played Thomas was not very good, but he was only on screen for three minutes at the most. For that reason, I'll let it go.

I liked all of the intense suspense building that the movie provides. I feel like I didn't have to wait very long before there was action and running. There was lots of running. Anyway, there were moments of complete creepy silence before something else popped out or people started firing guns and whatnot. The movie is a pretty cool action movie. I'll give it that.

There are a few moments where you question some of the choices the characters make. But to be fair, they also question their choices. I would hate to give any spoilers (I won't do that), but I will say at one point a main character is just mumbling about what the crap he's doing. At least he recognizes his own crazy.

Speaking of crazy, I have to give it to the special effects people who worked on the cranks (the people suffering from a disease that has spread across the world). They were super creepy and very disgusting, which made them very effective.

I thought that the music that was featured in the movie was really cool, especially one scene where the music has the exact opposite mood as what was happening. I'm a real sucker for that trick, and you'll know which scene I'm talking about when you watch the movie.

There were a few jump cuts that made the movie more interesting, move faster, and provide a few humorous moments, but it also cut out some of the explanatory scenes. While these scenes can be tedious, they do provide a function for the movie. Because I read the books, I could follow along, but I don't know about other people. To be fair, they could probably still follow along, but the experience might be different.

Since I've mentioned the books, I figure now is a good time to take about the differences between the book and the movie. Don't worry. I won't be spoiling either. Also, I would like to preface that I'm all for changing and adapting when it comes to turning books into movies as long as those changes make sense. I'm very happy to say that the changes (that I remember, I'm not infallible) do make since. The amount of people on the run is much smaller than I remember, which is good. I think you can connect to the characters better when there are not many running around. A lot of the weird, inexplicable phenomenon that happen to kids in the book is replace with events that connect a bit better in the movie, in my opinion. I even appreciated the conclusion, despite its lack of adrenaline, I think its sets up the next movie quite well. Now let's see if they decide to make the next one into two parts.

Let's do a quick summary. The movie starts out with a lot of action at a very quick pace, but it tends to drop as the movie goes on. However, the eerie cranks, the vertigo inducing camera work, and the connection with characters will let fans of the first movie enjoy Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. So if you enjoy dystopian, a fan of this series, or enjoy some intense action, you'll enjoy this movie.

That's all for this post! Comment down below with some other movies you're excited to see this fall. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ Button on you right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018