City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare: Book Review



Here it is, another book review! City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare is the second book of the Mortal Instruments series, and let's face it, the Mortal Instruments series is like an expensive bottle of wine: they only get better as time goes on. Clare further fleshes out her world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders in City of Ashes with beautiful but fierce fairies, an Inquisitor with a score to settle, and a family smack-down between Valentine, Clary, and Jace. Now without giving anything away, you should absolutely read this book. It was near impossible for me to put it down, and the epilogue will have you in tears. I remember when I first read this, I was so upset that I would have to wait a full year before finding out what happened next. That's the effect these books have on people. Immersing yourself into a world that seems so similar to your own yet so unfamiliar at the same time makes it approachable yet exciting. That's exactly what this book does. Clare loves to play on our emotions, and this book does that. If you are into action, forbidden romance, and family drama, I say, "Keep reading the Mortal Instruments, and be ready to sacrifice your social life to reading!" Although, if you're like me, that's pretty much your life since high school. Anyway, I would give this 5 out of 5 Mortal Swords.



Next up on the list is the City of Glass. Hope to see you next time. I'm going to be starting a first-time sewing project soon, and I'll be telling all of you all about it. I hope to learn some things and hopefully teach all of you through my mistakes (trust me, there will be a lot). See you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018