Disney Diary Day 1 - Update!


Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to start a series of updates about my trip to Disney World! I always say that I'm going to do some blogging about real life, but I ever get around to it or I just plain forget. But this time is different! I'm going to keep y'all up to date about what I'm doing, what I'm reading, and maybe a few things you should try on your next vacation to Disney World! Let's get this vacation started!

So we begin the vacation with a journey. We got up at an ungodly hour and began our trek to Disney World. I have to hand it to my roommate who is doing all of the driving, because I've already fallen asleep on her... Twice. According to her, we may have hit a squirrel during one of those naps, but I have no confirmation on that just yet. 



It's also been really cold and raining on the tail end of our trip, which is great considering we've been having 80 degree weather, even at Christmas. So it's nice to have a bit of a change, even if you're trying to get somewhere. 

Traffic was a bit bad coming in, but finally making it into the resort was a sigh of relief. We have a wonderful view of Downtown Disney, and I'm hoping to take full advantage of it when I get a chance to sit down and read.



Once we unpacked and got settled, we decided to spend the first day (well, afternoon) in Magic Kingdom. Like I said before, it's been rainy and cold all day, which means that the parks were, let's say, less than full capacity. So when we got there, we used our fast passes for Space Mountain, and we managed to get on the ride in under ten minutes! That's unheard of!




After we hopped off of Space Mountain, we headed over to Casey's Corner to get some hot dogs! Now, this has been a tradition for the family that I'm staying with whenever they come to Disney, and I have to say that I'm pretty grateful. The dogs are delicious, and you can get all kinds of toppings for them. Yum!



Our next fast pass was for the Buzz Lightyear ride where you shoot all of the Zurg targets. We basically got on and off the ride within ten minutes, which is amazing, but it left a hole in our schedule for our next fast pass.



We went to a ride we figured wouldn't have too many people considering the weather, which is the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It took us five minutes to get on the ride, but I managed to get a few good pictures before the ride was over.




Up next we had Big Thunder Mountain, which was so cold that no one wanted to ride it. But we are a bit crazy and decided to go for it. I swear I was almost thrown out of the car a couple of times, but it was totally worth it.




Then we headed over to the Haunted Mansion, which turned out to be the toastier of the rides - something we were grateful for. But I couldn't get any good pictures! Oh well, maybe next time.

Since we were having such good luck with the time it took to get on the rides, we decided to take a shot and go for gold with the new Dwarf Mining Ride. The sign said that it would take about twenty minutes, but it felt like ten and it was amazing! I just remember being in line for it last year when it was 80 degrees and we were waiting an hour and thirty minutes, and it was terrible. Sure it was cold and rainy, but we were only in it for twenty minutes at a time.







At that point, we felt like we did all of the rides that we really wanted to do. So we decided to do a little shopping. We went to the Storybook Circus and did a little browsing in the Big Tent. We didn't buy anything, but we did warm up a bit.




I wanted to get a few pictures of the castle before we left, and I decided this when the parade was going on. I didn't think I was going to get any good shots, but I was pretty impressed with what I managed to get. 








Finally we spent the last hour of our first day of Disney in some of the shops on Main Street USA. I found a couple of things that I wanted to get, but I figured with it being the first day, I should start the week out slow. I'm sure I'll be getting them (and showing them) at some point, but today was not that day.

We ended the day on the shuttle back to the resort, with fireworks going off in the background. We're exhausted and ready for some sleep. So I'll "talk" to y'all again tomorrow!

That's going to be it for this post. I'll see y'all next post! Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ Button on you right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018