The Transfer: A Divergent Story by Veronica Roth: Book Review!



Hello, everyone! I'm back with another book review on another book from the Divergent Series.  It is a another spin-off book from Four's point of view. It's "The Transfer: A Divergent Story" by Veronica Roth. Now on with the review!

First off, I did not read the summary of this book before I read it. So, going into it, I thought it was going to be like "Free Four," which is a scene from Divergent in Four's point of view. That's not the case. This story is before the Divergent story begins, when Four or Tobias transfers from Abnegation to Dauntless. It gives further background on his character along with further detail on how he got his nickname.

I really loved this story. I like how there were some similarities between how he transferred and how Tris transferred, but I also liked seeing how they were different. Tris transferred because she knew she was selfish and brave. Four transferred because he didn't want to be afraid anymore. I also thought it was funny how both Four and Tris did a process of elimination in order to figure out which faction they would fit into.

Another aspect I loved about this story was Four's relationship with his father. Roth does not shy away from the abuse that Four endures, and I think that's important for the story. You sympathize with Four more, and I think there's a better understanding that this is a man who is tough and abrasive on the outside and still has his own demons he deals with.

Of course, the one thing that gets me is the price. This one is longer than "Free Four," and this one sells for $1.99 on Amazon. Now, this story will be released with the three other stories that follows Four's story after they have all been released separately. From what I understand, which this may or may not be correct, is that it would be cheaper to buy all of them one time rather than one by one. If you don't have the burning desire that I have for knowing Four's background, I would suggest waiting until you can get all of these short stories at once.

Now I have to give this book the overused rating of four belts out of five because I thought it was such a good story with a not so good price.


So tell me what you thought about this book or about other spin-off books that you think we should read together. Up next I plan to read Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I'm thinking we can get this series done before I have to go back to college. If you want, you can subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right side of the screen. If you want up to date information about the blog or ridiculousness about my life, follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. Read on, my lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018