Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: Book Review!



Hello, everyone! Happy New Year! We're starting the year off with a book review of Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. This is the third and final book of The Infernal Devices, although there are some spin-off books that I do plan on reading very soon. Without further ado, let's get started!

This book picks up where Clockwork Prince leaves off. Will is dealing with his sister's arrival. Jem's disease is taking a toll. Tessa is dealing with loving two people at the same time. While all of the drama between these characters occurs, Mortmain puts the final touches on his clockwork army, which puts everyone into high gear. The London Institute heads off to find Mortmain and his army, with near-useless weapons and almost no backup, in this thrilling conclusion of The Infernal Devices.

This book held a lot of surprises for me. I wrote in my review for Clockwork Prince that I had an idea of what might happen in the next book, but I was completely off. I was surprised with the direction that Clare decided to take, but it was welcomed. I love the way that she builds suspense, especially when it ends with a battle!

Even with all of the suspense, I have to say that I was a little spoiled by the internet for one of the characters, but that was because I was an idiot and went on tumblr. Everything is spoiled on tumblr, but I won't rant about that now. I do think that it was a good plot twist, despite the spoiling. But like I said, I was still hanging in suspense. I knew some of the major plot twists, and Clare was still able to surprise me!

There were some tragic moments, but those only made the happy moments better. The ending was interesting in that way, and I say that in a good way. It was something that I didn't expect, but it made sense with all of the characters involved. I believed that it was something that they would do when faced with a love triangle.

Lastly, I have been one to be upset with character deaths, especially when I've become this invested into a book series, but I have accepted the deaths in this book. I was actually very happy with one character death who wasn't necessarily one side or the other, but I thought that this character's death was very fitting.

All in all, I thought that this book was very good, and I would have to get it four jade necklaces out of five.

I think that I would have given it a five out of five, except it left me wondering one thing. I won't say what it is here because I think that'll spoil the book for you. But go ahead and read it! Comment down below what you thought about it, and let me know if you were left with a question mark at the end. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email down below. Add me to your circles by using the Google+ button to the right. Also, if you want ridiculous info about my everyday life and instant updates about the blog, follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. That's all for now! I hope that y'all have a great new year! Keep on reading, lovelies. I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018