Allegiant by Veronica Roth: Book Review!



Hello, everyone! I'm back with another book review. This time I'm reviewing Allegiant by Veronica Roth, the final book of the Divergent Series. I'm very excited about this review, but enough of that. On with the review!

As I've said before, Allegiant is the conclusion of the Divergent Series. It follows Tris, Four, Christina, and their ragtag team as they travel beyond the fence, all while Evelyn and the factionless use their control to destroy the faction system. Tris and Four make many discoveries that change the way they see their society, the society outside the fence, and each other.

This novel is incredible! I really love it. One thing that I like most about this novel is the way that Roth describes how Tris's Chicago came to be. When you first read Divergent, you couldn't imagine this actually happening in real life. Then you read the explanation in Allegiant, and suddenly you're terrified. Everything starts to make sense, and you can see just how easily our society becomes Tris's society. I found this aspect both exhilarating and terrifying.

Now in the review of Insurgent, I said that it didn't have many moments of rest. This book did. It had moments between Tris and Four, Tris and her brother, and many of the other characters' relationships with each other. I don't think there needs to be anymore than what was actually shown to the reader. I think that these moments made the action sequences even better because there was such a stark contrast.

Now, there is a part in this book that had many Divergent Series fans up in arms. This is a spoiler-free review so I won't say exactly what that is here, but I think it was important to the story that it happened the way it did. If it had gone the way (which you will understand once you read the book) I wouldn't have believed it. I wouldn't have thought that Tris could do it, especially with what she thinks it means to be good.

I think my Intro to Fiction professor said it best, "I like books that make me feel something. Anger, sadness, joy - whatever, as long as I feel something." This novel will definitely make you feel all of those things, but it also does something else. It makes you think. What makes us, us? Is it our genes, how we're brought up, our memories, or some mix of the three? We can't do much on how we were raised or what we were born with, but I think Tris is Tris because of the choices she makes. She chooses to be good, which is something we can all learn from.

All together, I have to give this book five airplanes out of five! I was really amazed by this book, and I'll be nagging everyone I know and love to read the Divergent Series.


Well, that's it for now. Leave some comments down below about this series and other novels you want me to read. You can subscribe to the blog by entering your email down below in the Subscribe Box. You can add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button to the right. You can get updates about the blog and ridiculousness about my life by follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018