Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Story by Veronica Roth: Book Review!

13615258

Hello, everyone! I'm back with another book review. This time I'm reviewing "Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Story" by Veronica Roth. Since this is such a short story, I'll also try to keep the review short. Notice the word "try." Now, on with the review!

This story is the knife-throwing scene from Divergent, but it is in Tobias's point of view. You probably won't have any idea what I'm talking about unless you've read Divergent already. So, if you haven't, please do before reading this review.

Now, whenever your reading a first person narrative, you never get the full picture. You can get bits and pieces and maybe eventually put it all together, but there may still be some small holes in the background. What I love about this book is that we get an entire scene from someone other than Tris. We see it differently; therefore, we view the scene a bit differently and get a fuller picture. That makes it all the more interesting. I also love seeing how Tobias pines after Tris. Some of the lines he says about her are heart-warming. Like how looking at her was "waking up." For a man that's been going through the motions without really thinking about them, this is a pretty interesting turn of events. The entire short story just made him more lovable.

One of the problems that I had with this short story is that it is sixteen pages and ninety-nine cents on amazon.com. For me, that's a little steep. I've gotten entire books for free from Amazon. So, I feel a little cheated to pay for a short story that I can read in about ten minutes when I also bought a novel for free that will take me a least a day to read. I also know that many authors are doing this now where they will write short spin-offs or scenes with different points of view in order to make an extra buck and make the fans go crazy. I find a little crappy, but I know where they are coming from. It still makes me a little upset though.

With all of this in mind, I give this short story a four out of five throwing knives.



I would have given it the full five stars if it weren't so short. Sixteen pages is not enough for a dollar, even if the content is excellent.

That's it for this review. Tell me what you think about short stories and their prices down below in the comment section. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the box down below, as well. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button to the right. If you want up to date information about the blog or the ridiculousness of my life, follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018