The Mortal Instruments City of Bones Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Music Review

File:The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack).jpg

Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to review The Mortal Instruments City of Bones Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. So this is how it's going to work. I'm going to listen to a song, write my opinions, and move on to the next one. At the end, I'll give my overall opinion of the soundtrack. I have heard a couple of these songs, and I am partial to a few artists so this review might be a little biased. Let's get started!

The first song is "Into the Lair" by Zedd. This song has no lyrics, so I'm pretty sure Zedd is a DJ. It has an electric techno vibe going on that feels like intense club music. I'm pretty sure this is the song they used in Pandemonium, but I can't be one hundred percent sure about it. I like the song if I were going to be working out or something like that, but I don't think I'll be playing it in my chilling out time.

The second song is "Almost is Never Enough" by Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes, and I love this song! This is one of the songs I listened to previously before buying the album. The music video is absolutely lovely. I love that it doesn't have the bells and whistles of modern pop music. It's two beautiful voices and a piano, and it is absolutely brilliant in its simplicity. I love having this on repeat. I've been following Ariana since Victorious, so color be biased, but I would definitely recommend this song.

The third song is "17 Crimes (LA Riots Remix)" by AFI. We're back to techno music with this one. It's high paced club music. My mother would call it a "stutter song," which is exactly what it sounds like. It is a remix, and I haven't heard the original version, so I can't say if one version is better than the other. I don't particularly care for this one, and I would consider it one of the skip-able songs.

The fourth song is "Heart by Heart" by Demi Lovato. This song I have heard before. It very much fits into Demi's musical style, which I do like. Some of the timing seems a little weird but is easy to adapt to after a few tries. I also think it fits well with the style of the movie. I like to belt it out in my car on the way to and from school. It's a pretty well-rounded song. I like it.

The fifth song is "Bring Me Home" by Youngblood Hawke. it starts off like a techno acid trip, but quickly picks up the tempo that transforms it into an interesting song. The verses and the choruses sound so different, but the music really melds them together. I could get into the this song.

The sixth song is "When the Darkness Comes" by Colbie Caillat. With the guitar at the beginning, it reminds me a bit of the New Moon soundtrack. It feels raw and personal. I really like Colbie's voice. It's almost haunting. This is another song that I feel has a real connection with the story. It's a bit slow, but I think it would be good for background music for studying or reading.

The next song is "Strangers" featuring Tove Lo by Seven Lions, Myon & Shane 54. It starts out with a techno beat and moves toward a techno sidestep. This album is really digging techno music. About a minute and a half into the song, you start to hear this lovely almost alto voice. It moves more toward a pop vibe techno mix that I really like, and the message is rather uplifting. I wouldn't qualify it as good background noise, but perhaps a good song to dance to in the car (you know, when you're alone, and don't think anyone's watching).

The next song is "Magnetic" by Jessie J. I will already come out and say that I am completely biased towards Jessie J. I really love her music and this song is no exception. I love singing to this one and jamming out in between classes with it. It goes along great with her style, and I must say that I've probably played this song about fifty times already.

The next song is "Bear" by Pacific Air. This song also reminds me of the New Moon soundtrack, but in a good way. I wouldn't describe it as a fast nor slow song but something in between. It is pretty good to listen to when doing homework. It has a nice melody, but nothing that just slams into your brain over and over again. It's an easy song to listen to.

The next song is "All About Us" featuring Owl City by He is We. I've heard some Owl City that has been ridiculously popular like Fireflies, and this song as a similar vibe to it. It's a pretty easy song to listen to, once you give it a try. It's easy to judge it harshly once it starts, but it builds tension and blends to two vocalists together beautifully. I do sometimes day dream to this song. Don't judge me.

The next song is "Calling from Above" (Edit) by Bassnectar. Guess what guys! It's more techno music. It's really heavy on the bass with whisper-y voices techno music. It's like that for two minutes. Not really much to say about it. It's good club music, but it may not be something for my everyday life.

The next song is "Start a Riot" by Jetta. It almost sounds like an Adele song (can you tell that I'm a top forty music junkie) mixed with a little heavy drumming to add suspense. There's a lot of repetition, but not so much that feels forced. It starts to grow on you. I would probably belt out the song out in my car. The ending kind of sounds like a choir practice, which is a bit different.

The last song is "Strange Days" by Bryan Ellis. More techno music, but slow and mixed with a little Alice in Wonderland. Since I'm kind of in love with Alice, I will give this song a pass on the techno aspect. I feel like this is the theme song for people on weed. It has little hiccup noises put together with music that makes "Strange Days" a little strange.

So, that's the entire soundtrack! It was a little heavy on the techno music for me, but I have to say that I really enjoyed the majority of it. I could use this for everything: studying, car drives, working out. Also, in needs to be said that if you loved the movie, you will probably also love the soundtrack. Feel free to check out your local retailers or digital purchasing site to get the full effect. Also, check out the music videos on YouTube.  They are pretty fantastic.

That's it for this post. I've missed talking to y'all. It's been a busy couple of weeks and of course midterms are coming up, which means posting might get a little ridiculous. I'm trying really hard for you all so please keep visiting for new reviews and new cosplays I'll be doing. Subscribe to the blog by entering your email down below. Leave a comment while you're down there. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button to the right side. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the stuff I'm doing. I love y'all, and I'll see y'all next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018