Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll: Book Review (School Edition)!



Hello, everyone! So you've got to love a class that requires you to read Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll. One of the many reasons I enjoy Children's Lit. This post is going to be a two-fer since I'll be reviewing both of these lovely books by Lewis Carroll. By the way, yes, these reviews will probably be extremely biased for my love of Alice and all of her recreations.

The first is Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland. This book is full of nonsense in the best possible way. You have to keep in mind that these books were made for children, but as an adult, we can see find pleasure from them. For me, there were a lot of jokes that I didn't entirely get as a child. Kind of like when you find a dirty joke from Aladdin the movie by Disney. This story is a group of adventures that Alice takes while she is in Wonderland. I can't get any more specific than that. Go and enjoy it!

The next book is, of course, Through the Looking-Glass. This has the same premise as the first book, except that there is a goal that Alice is trying to achieve after she goes through the looking-glass. There is still a bunch of nonsense, but there is a string that ties all of the nonsense together. Another great read.

For someone like me, these books are awesome. Full of creativity and wonder. There are some things that are easy to miss, but feel free to check out SparkNotes, but only after you've finished reading the books! I would give these books four out of five white rabbits.


That's it for this post! Tell me what you think about the nonsense that is Alice in the comment section down below. Subscribe to the blog while you're down there by adding your email to the Subscription box. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button to the right. For more up to date information for the blog or my life follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. Thanks so much for reading this blog. I love y'all, and I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018