The Awakening by Kate Chopin: Book Review (School Edition)!

[the-awakening.jpg]

Hello, everyone! I'm back again and today I'm reviewing The Awakening by Kate Chopin. I've read this for my American Lit. class. It's part of our "realist reading" that we have been doing lately. I was pretty compelled in this book. I actually enjoyed reading this book. It has a beautiful writing style, and the characters are fully fleshed out. You really want to know what happens to these characters.

You have the "protagonist" Edna, who the reader follows as she comes to her "awakening." You have her husband that seems to be absent for a great deal of the book. Then there is the love interest Robert. While love does have something to do with furthering this novel, it's more about Edna finding out who she is and the consequences of her knowing that. Don't even think that I'm going to spoil the ending for y'all. Go check it out yourself. I would say that this book is totally reading and somewhat enjoyable. No SparkNotes required. I give this four out of five "Aha!" moments.


That's it for this review. Tell me what you thought about the book down in the comments below. Add me to your circles with the Google+ button over to the right. Subscribe by adding your email down below. Follow me on twitter for the most up to date information that you can send to your phone @KK_Donna_Blog. Thanks for reading! I love y'all, and I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018