Crazy Cosplay: Adventures into Sewing Part 2 - Clary's Striped Shirt

Club Monaco Elsa Tee Photograph

Club Monaco Elsa Tee Profile Photo

Hello, everyone! So, today I've been working on one of my Clary cosplay pieces. In the City of Bones movie, Clary wears the Club Monaco Elsa Tee which I have pictured above with a screencap from the movie and the stock photo from the Club Monaco website. Sadly, I couldn't get the tee before they were all sold out, but I found a similar shirt at Old Navy. The big differences are that the Old Navy shirt has tighter stripes and longer sleeves. I couldn't do anything about the stripes, but I decided to cut off the sleeves and hem it to make shorter sleeves. This is how I did it and how the shirt turned out. Enjoy!


This is how the shirt looks before. It had 3/4 sleeves before I cut them off.


This is how tight the stripes are. Note that they are a little skinnier than the Club Monaco shirt, but I think they will work fine with my cosplay.


This is me pulling on the sleeve to show the difference between the stripes on the sleeves and the stripes on the body.


I cut off eight and a half inches from the sleeves. Once I did that, I folded the sleeves under once so that I could do a base stitch.


Once I had my base stitch, I flipped it under again and did a hem stitch. When I did both of my sleeves, I decided that I could go a little shorter. I flipped and hemmed the sleeves again, which gave it more a cuff sleeves.


This is how it turned out. I love it! I have to thank my mom again for helping me out. It was her idea to give it the cuff sleeves, and I'm so glad she suggested it. 


This is the sleeve after all of the sewing. I like how the stripes go in a different direction like the Club Monaco shirt. It also made it easier because I didn't have to try to match the stripes!


This is a picture of how my stitches look like on the inside of the shirt. I think it came out pretty well, and now I'm one step closer to my Clary closet.

So, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed your time here. Come back to see more of my sewing adventures, cosplay shenanigans, and fangirl book reviews. You can stay connected by subscribing to the blog via email address down at the bottom or through your Google+ account off to the side. Get up to date info by following me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog, and I will see you next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018