City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare: Book Review



So, after reading the first third of this book, I wasn't really surprised. Based on the ending from City of Fallen Angels, I had already guessed what the next part of the book was going to be about. After that though, there were so many twists and turns that I got whiplash. Now, I don't want to give out any spoilers, but I would just like to ask why do bad things happen to the characters I love and invest in? I can't say anymore without giving anything away, but I can say that Clare does make things interesting. She hasn't been shy about writing on topics that can make even the most experienced readers turn away. In her Mortal Instruments series, she touches on topics like racism, homosexuality, and teenage sexual relations that sometimes "adults" wouldn't dream of talking to their children about. While many adults and even some authors breeze over these topics like they don't exist, Clare addresses them all in a series that is meant for Young Adults, not mature audiences. It's no different in City of Lost Souls. Without giving too much away, Clare addresses drug use and rape. These topics not only make this book even more dynamic but connect the reader to the material in a more substantial manner. Now, this book made me want to scream, cry, and question the sanity of all of these characters. I now have a pillow that has a near-permanent hand-print from me slamming my hand to keep from yelling at one o'clock in the morning. Is this book worth a read? Yes. Definitely. I have to give it 5 out of 5 fairy rings.


Well, that's it for today. Let me know down below what you thought of this book or if you plan on reading it. If you like what you see, come check out some more fun stuff that I'll be doing involving books, cosplay, and overall craziness. Subscribe to the blog down below with an email address, through your Google+ account, or on my twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. Hope you enjoyed! See you all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018