Mockingjay Part 2 - Movie Review!



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to review Mockingjay Part 2 - the movie! I just saw the movie last night, and I can't wait to tell y'all all about it. Just in case you are unaware, Mockingjay Part 2 takes place where Mockingjay Part 1 leaves off. Peeta has just been saved from the Capital, but they have changed him. He thinks Katniss is a mutt who lies and kills everyone he cares about. Katniss has her own problems. She wants to be out on the front lines, but President Coin is holding her back. So who is the true game maker? But enough about that, lets' get onto the review!

Let me just say that this movie made me so happy. It was scary, thrilling, emotional, and both character and action driven. Everything was shot beautifully, and the world that they created was fully realized, which, as a fan of the book, was what I looked forward to most in the adaptation.

I loved all of the character development that happened throughout the movie. We get to see a three-Gale and Peeta in this movie, which is great considering for a while they were just love interests for Katniss. And let's be real, she doesn't need a man to create some drama.

As a reader of the books, I was very surprised by how true to the books they were being. The elements that I found to be really interesting in the books made it to the silver screen, which of course made me very happy, except for one aspect. Now, one scene was straight out of the book, and it seemed like they took the dialogue verbatim from the book. Usually, this would make me ecstatic. However, it did not play well on screen. It was just really cheesy, and compared to the seriousness and dramatic tone that the movie had set up, I just didn't see it fitting into the final product.

For those who did not read the books, there were a few things that they were prepared for, while the rest was kind of what they expected. Some of the more tragic scenes in the movie were considered a surprised. However, there was a part that they kept building and building, so when it actually does happen, some found it a little anti-climatic.

One thing that they did change that I absolutely adored was Effie. I was so happy when I found out that she had made it to the last to movies. I mean, with Elizabeth Banks, you can't really go wrong. She gets a wonderful scene with Haymitch that made my heart happy, and you just know that they did it for the fans. But it didn't seem contrived.

I thought that the progression of the movie was pretty good, considering it's the second part of a story. There were some definite lulls that could have been shortened by a few minutes, but I kind of expected that. But, there were also parts that had my heart pounding, my hands covering my face, and my body curling up into a ball for some really intense moments. It definitely helped the pace, but I would have still preferred those other moments to be cut down a tiny bit.

Overall, I was pretty darn happy with the conclusion to this series. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this, but go out and see the movie!

I would also like to give a little apology. This was supposed to be Friday's post, but things got a little crazy around here with the holidays coming up, but I will have something prepared for Wednesday. So come back and see me!

Comment down below with some of your thoughts about the movie. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ Button on you right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018