The Scorch Trials by James Dashner: Book Review!


Hello, everyone! I'm back with another book review! Today I'm reviewing The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. It is the second book of the of The Maze Runner trilogy. But enough about that. Let's get to the review!

The Scorch Trials starts at the safe house where those who have survived the attack and the maze are staying. They wake up one morning, Teresa is gone, and it turns out that WICKED is still playing games with these kids. They tells the kids that they have all been infected with a virus called the Flare. The only way for them to get the cure is for them to make it to a specific location by a certain time. They all know that they don't have a choice. They set out, but they don't know who to trust or what is actually real anymore. Things take a turn when a friend becomes an enemy, and the race to the cure turns into a full out war.

There are a lot of good things happening in this novel. I love the fact that while I was reading, I couldn't be a hundred percent certain about what to believe or who to believe. It makes you feel like you're one of these kids. You suspect everything, and you want to figure out the mystery of WICKED and their intentions. I guess this story is a bit like a mystery novel, with a bit more suspense.

Usually in young adult literature, you can sort of guess what each of the characters intentions are even if the main character doesn't suspect a thing. In the case of this book, I was in the same position that Thomas is in. That's a really cool experience. Also, when he gets his heart broken, so do I. I really enjoyed that aspect of this story.

There is one thing that I did not appreciate about this novel. I kind of felt like it was a repeat of the first novel. Now the ideas that are being used in this book are new. That's not exactly what I'm talking about. I just feel like these kids are in the same position that they were in the first book. They are still under the control of WICKED. They just know a tiny bit more than they did in the previous book.

Overall, while it did a good job completely rounding out the would that the novel takes place in, it felt too much like the first book to really stand out to me. In all honesty, it's probably my least favorite out of the three books. I have to give this book a three rusty bullets out of five.



That's it for now! Next up is the review for The Death Cure by James Dashner, the third of The Maze Runner Trilogy. Feel free to write a comment down below for this series or some books that you would like for me to read. You can subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe Box down below. You can add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button to the right. You can get up to date information about the blog and ridiculousness about my life by following @KK_Donna_Blog on twitter. Finally, you can follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog and you can find it at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see you next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018