The Death Cure by James Dashner - Book Review!


Hello, everyone! I'm back with another fun book review! This time I'm reviewing The Death Cure by James Dashner. It's the last book of The Maze Runner series. But enough about that! Let's get on to the review!

The Death Cure is where things get interesting in this trilogy. Both the boys and the girls have made it back to WICKED, and WICKED gives them an option. They can have their memories returned or choose to live in ignorance. Thomas isn't buying it, though. He's starting to question the intentions of WICKED and if those intentions are worth hurting all of these kids. Now, they are on the run again, but this time they are determined to take down WICKED, and they'll try with some help from familiar faces.

I really enjoyed this novel, but if you know anything about my tastes, I tend to favor the final book of a series. However, for the most part, I do think that this book merits my liking of it. There was suspense and drama and new love interests and all sorts of good stuff.

One thing I like about the last novel in a series is that this is where everything comes full circle. That is very true with this book of the series. We have characters from previous books making important appearances. We have important figureheads that are introduced, sort of. We also have familar characters playing different roles.

I also have to appreciate the whole reason as to why the kids are there. For the first two books, I had zero idea of what could possibly come out of putting kids into giant mazes, making them kill each other, and forcing them out into a world that they don't remember or understand. Now we have a reason as to why they are doing this, and I could definitely see how society would be forced to do this.

I can't find many negative aspects about this novel. The one thing that I felt could have been better would have to be the introduction of Chancellor Paige. She changes the game in this novel, and is very important to what WICKED is and what they are doing. I just felt like she should have been introduced earlier on in the series.


I really enjoyed the last book of this series, and since I didn't many misgivings about this book, I'm going to give this book four and a half brains out of five.


That's it for now! I'm not sure what my next series will be. So, if you have suggestions on what you would like me to read, leave a comment about it down below. You can subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe box down below. You can add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. You can get up to date info about the blog and ridiculousness about my life by following @KK_Donna_Blog on twitter. You can also follow the tumblr dedicated to this blog, and you can find it at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see you next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018