The Maze Runner by James Dashner: Book Review!


Hello, everyone! I'm back with another fun book review. This time we have The Maze Runner by James Dashner. We're starting off this dystopian series with a bang. But enough about that, let's get on with the review!

The Maze Runner tells the story of Thomas. He wakes up in a elevator one day knowing nothing except his name. He ends up in the center of a giant maze where forty other boys await him. So far, there isn't a way out of the maze, but Thomas is determined to be a maze runner and figure out how to escape. The situation turns dire when the first girl appears in the maze with a mysterious message. Now it's do or die to get out of the maze.

This is a really cool concept that I've never seen before in dystopian young adult literature. These children are brought into the center of a maze without their memories. One great thing I love about this genre is fighting the control of the authority. In this book, they don't even know who that is. They don't know who they're fighting. Still, they have a common goal, and they work together to overcome obstacles.

One thing you learn quickly about the series is to expect the unexpected. There are constant twists and turns that the reader just doesn't expect. Once you learn about one aspect of the world, it get completely turned on its head. It's really interesting and different, but there's a part of me that didn't know what to believe in, which makes is a bit more difficult to read.

When all is said and done, this book is a bit difficult to to read but has an interesting enough concept that makes you keep reading and push on to the second book, which I did. Overall, I give this book four grievers out of five.


Thanks for reading this review! Feel free to comment down below about dystopian series that tickle your fancy. You can subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe Box down below. You can add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button to the right. You can follow me on twitter @KK_Donn_Blog for shenanigans about my life or updates on the blog. You can also follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, and you can find it at this link. Read on, lovelies. I'll see you next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018