Shadowhunters News: Katherine McNamara is the New Clary Fray!


Hello, everyone! I'm back and I'm here to report the new casting for the Shadowhunters TV show. That's right, we have a new Clary! And I'm here to tell you all about it, and what I think about it.

So it was announced yesterday that Katherine McNamara will be our new Clary Fray. Of course, after hint pics went out two days prior, the internet pretty much guessed that Katherine McNamara was going to be our new Clary Fray.

Firstly, I'll say that I definitely fan casted Molly Quinn for Clary Fray. So, I was disappointed to hear from Molly Quinn's official twitter that she would not be up for the role. However, I will say that I have come to terms with the decision, and I am now going to (hopefully) judge without any bias.

The first thing to judge was her look. She has a fabulous head of red hair. She's absolutely gorgeous. I can definitely see her fitting in with the rest of the cast. People keep calling her short, but being two inches shorter than her, I beg to differ. Really, I guess height is all relative. She's still seven inches shorter than Dominic. So that will be fine.

Then I looked up her past work on IMDb. The first thing I noticed was her work on the Disney Channel. I'll admit, that did concern me. Disney is known for its overacting, and not always in the best way. But then I noticed she was also Glee, Law & Order: SVU, and she is going to be in the upcoming Scorch Trials movie. Her pedigree makes me more confident in her acting abilities, but I will say that it's what I expected. Of course the Shadowhunters casting department is going to put its best foot forward for their leading lady, especially after all the incredible work they've done on the rest of the cast.

So she's got the looks and a good acting background. Where does that leave us. Well, I guess we're back in limbo until they cast Magnus and Alec, which I will definitely talk about the moment it happens.

That's it for this post! Comment down below on who you would like to see casted next. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information about the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, which you can at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018