Shadowhunters Gets Its Simon and Isabelle: Fantastic Casting or PR Nightmare?



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to talk about the new casting for the Shadowhunters TV show. We've now got an Isabelle Lightwood and Simon Lewis. So we can now add Emeraude Toubia and Alberto Rosende to our cast. But how do they stand up to both critics and the fans?

As you can imagine, once the announcement was made, twitter blew up. Everyone had a opinion. From "I love them! Perfect!" to "OMG! Are you serious? They don't look like Sizzy!" This of course led to a debate that was basically shot down by our lovely queen, Cassandra Clare.

While some are very optimistic as to what Toubia and Rosende will bring to the table, others had a problem with the ethnicity of the actors. To be honest, I don't really care about an actor's ethnicity. Seriously, I would probably care more about hair color than I did about skin color. I don't know what that makes me (a hairist maybe?) but what I really care about (and really what everyone should be caring about) is if these relatively green actors can bring it in the acting department.

With that in mind, let's talk about the actors and their past works. For me, it was easiest to find Toubia and some of her work. Looks wise, she's definitely Isabelle. She's got an amazing figure, fabulous hair (again, back to the hairist), and she's not afraid to work it. She has both worked in telenovelas and conducted interviews. To me that means two things. One, she can portray attitude, with Isabelle has plenty of. Two, she can be flirty, which Isabelle also has plenty of. All together, I have high hopes for the new Izzy.

Next is Alberto Rosende. He's a little bit harder to track down. He's been on an episode of Blue Blood, but I haven't been able to find a clip of his part. But I did find a short film called "Turn Back the Clock" on YouTube. It's pretty good, and it shows him being heartbroken, which could come in handy for Simon. My feelings for him is not as strong as Toubia, but I'm still hopeful.

Now, those are just my opinions. Everyone is entitled to there own, but let's keep in mind that both the casting directors and Cassandra Clare chose to base casting on acting merit and not ethnicity. So as long as the acting is good and if the scripts are on point, we could be looking at a success. So let's not get into arguments about whether or not they're how the actors are what we envision.

So, who do you think they'll cast next? Comment down below with your predictions. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for ridiculousness about my life and up to date information on the blog. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018