Shadowhunters Episode 4: "Raising Hell" - Review!



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to review the fourth episode of Shadowhunters, "Raising Hell." Just in case you weren't aware, this review is going to be heavy with spoilers, and if you rather not know what happens, don't read this review! With that in mind, let's get started!

In this episode, we get a better introduction for Magnus Bane, the High Warlock of Brooklyn who stole Clary's memories and feed them to a memory demon. He's a very flamboyant, confident, but caring character. He tries to congregate all of the warlocks to a safe house in order to protect them, which says a great deal about his character. But sometimes, he takes it a bit too far.

The part where Clary "saves" a warlock child because it's the right thing and not out of a sense of duty is probably one of the most ridiculous conversations. Like, we saw everything that just happened! We can figure some of the emotions behind the scenes, if you give us an opportunity. I feel like that they think the audience is stupid or they didn't want to put enough effort into making the scenes more dynamic rather than relying on a crappy script.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm losing a lot of faith in the show.

There are a few logistic problems that came up in the episode. For example, they hype up all of the demons and their powers and how incredibly dangerous they are, and then all you need to do to defeat them is a seraph blade stab to any part of their body. You don't need to have any training at that point (clearly, look at Clary Fray) and it undervalues any kill that legit shadowhunters make. It drives me bonkers.

Another logistic problem is Clary's necklace. We haven't set up any rules for the necklace, and it just seems to be able to do whatever is convenient at the time. For instance, Clary can see Dot in danger, but Dot isn't able to communicate with Clary. Yet in this episode, Valentine makes a direct threat to Clary while she uses it to see her mother. And why do we not see her use it more often so that she can get some clues to her mother's whereabouts. It makes no sense!

Also, by giving Clary more strength than she should at this point, it's taking away some of the effects of the other characters. Magnus is the High Warlock of Brooklyn, and he can't kill one Circle Member. Yet Clary can kill a greater demon with zero help. It's just so weird and unrealistic. Yes, I'm using "unrealistic" for a show that features demons and angels, but you catch my drift.

Then there are just some ridiculous scenes because they are taking themselves too seriously. The is a scene where they are trying to find Magnus, but Jace can't do it alone. So they use parabatai power, like they're the Wonder Twins or something, to find Magnus. It looks so ridiculous. I cannot even tell you. If they made into more of a joke, then it may have been more, I don't know, watchable, but it ended up being a joke on them.

Guys, I don't know what else to say. I do plan on watching the rest of the series, but I definitely have my worries. I'm just glad that they're getting enough good ratings that they'll have a chance to fix some problems in season two. This is if season two comes to fruition.

Well, that's it for this post! Comment down below with some of your thoughts on the episode! Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ Button on you right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018