Fabulous Ficitional Fathers - Happy Father's Day

Hello, everyone! I'm back and I'm here to list some of the best fictional fathers that YA literature has to offer. I have to admit that it was a little difficult finding a few fathers to make this list, but it makes those who make this list even more prominent. So without further ado, here's the list for Top Fictional Fathers of Young Adult Literature (at least the stuff I have read).

Image result for Charlie swan
I have to start this list with Charlie Swan from the Twilight Series. As far as parents go, he gives his daughter a lot of agency. He treats Bella more like an adult rather than as his daughter. But he does genuinely care for her, which is seen when Bella goes through her breakdown. Despite him wanting her near him, he offers up Jacksonville as a way to help her heal. For that, I'm giving Charlie some credit as well as a spot on this list.

Image result for Andrew Prior
The next father on this list is Andrew Prior from the Divergent Series. He does not get a long-go in the series, but he definitely made an impact. He also does not get as much recognition as Tris's mother, but Andrew does a lot for his children. He goes as far as forgoing the faction system, and he offers both of his children sanctuary when they didn't have a place to go. So Kudos to you, Andrew.

Image result for Will Herondale
One character that may not be the first to pop into your mind when thinking about fathers is Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices Series. Technically, we do not see much of him being a father, but we do see a little glimpse of his life after his marriage to Tessa. Readers see that he has two children, and when he dies, he is surrounded by his family: the people he loves. I could only imagine what kind of father he was, but considering he was surrounded by family, I could guess that he was loved.

Image result for queen of the tearling
One father figure who is technically not a biological father is Barty Glynn of The Queen of the Tearling Series. Barty becomes Kelsea's father figure when she is taken away and hidden to protect her. He becomes a loving father figure who teaches her how to hunt, take care of herself, and how to rule a country. Kelsea later takes on Barty and his wife's name because they felt more like parents to her than anyone else.

Image result for arthur weasley
Of course, I have to mention one of the best fathers from YA literature: Arthur Wesley. He wasn't the main character's father, but Arthur Wesley became a father to whoever needed him. He finds humor in everything, and he embarrasses his kids. But he always sticks up for his kids. He may not be able to give them everything, but he does everything in his power to keep them safe, happy, and loved.

Well that's it for this list! I hope there were a few surprises that made this list worth reading. Comment down below on some father's that I may have missed. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. Follow me on Twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018