Destined for Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon: Book Review!

Hello, everyone! I'm back and I'm here to review Destined for Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon. This is the sequel to Doon and continues the story of the two protagonists Kenna and Veronica. This book focuses on Kenna as she struggles with her decision coming back to her world as opposed to staying in Doon. That all changes when Duncan shows up, asking for her help before all of Doon is destroyed by a mysterious plague that zombie-fies its victims. But enough about that, let's get onto the review!

I'm still liking the format of the two different point of views. This time we get more of Kenna's point of view, which is different because she focuses on different aspects than Veronica. She's the more sassy of the two, and she loves to compare the drama of her life to the drama she performs on stage. I will admit that's it more fun if you know at least some of her references, but I will concede that many may not know all of the theatrical references.

I'm liking how we see how Veronica has adapted to life in Doon. As much as she has acclimated to their life, she still throws some of her life into theirs. I also like how her relationship with Jamie is developing. Like she says, nothing is really like a fairy tale. It doesn't just end with happily ever after. Life goes on. Trials and tribulations occurs. A plague covers the outskirts of Doon, creating zombies. You know, the normal stuff.

I'm liking the relationship angst that we get from Kenna and Duncan. Both of them have their doubts and their demons that they have to deal with. They both want to move on but stay together, and that causes conflict. I wish that I could say more, but I would hate to give spoilers. I will say that this book had me tearing up a couple of times, and a book that is able to make me feel is a pretty good book in my standards.

Another aspect that is developing well is the setting. Doon is expanding, both in our imaginations and in population. We see more of the dark side of Doon, both literally figuratively. I like how we see more of the witch's cottage and more of her background. We get another glimpse of the history of Doon, but it left me wanting more. There is a certain item that makes me believe we'll get more of that information in the second book. But then again that's complete speculation.

I'm happy that we got back to Doon so quickly after we came back to Veronica and Kenna's world. The summary for the next book says that our characters are stuck in the their world and they're trying to get back to Doon. I can only hope that happens quickly. But with everything said and done, I'm going to give Destined for Doon four pairs of converse out of five.



That's it for this review! Comment down below on books you're excited to read that are coming out soon. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for up to date information on the blog or ridiculousness about my life. Follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018