The Fault in Our Stars: Movie Review! (Yes, It's a Little Late)


Hello, everyone! I'm back with another movie review! This is a little late to the game considering the movie I'm about to review come out a few months ago in theaters and last Tuesday on DVD. Still, I feel the need to review this movie due to the sheer awesomeness that it is. That movie is The Fault in Our Stars based off the best-selling novel by John Green.

So, I've already read and reviewed the book, and we all know how I felt about it. If you don't, the clip version is I love it, like a lot. It's a beautiful story, and it has such a good message. When you put those two together, you have something really amazing on your hands, but enough about that, let's get to the movie.

First off, I went to the movie with high hopes. Along with seeing the beautifully made trailers and stalking the Page to Premiere website, I got all the facts about how the movie was made and who was in a part of the process. Thank goodness producer Wyck Godfrey and writer John Green were a major part of the movie making process. From what I heard, everyone onset was not only creating the best movie they could, but hope to have the approval of the author, which they did.

Just in case you haven't read the book or seen any of the trailers or commercials that were dedicated to the movie, here's a little synopsis about the movie. The movie is about two kids, Hazel and Gus, who are terminally ill and meet at a support group. From there, they try to make Hazel's dream come true, meet the author of her favorite book.

I saw this movie in theaters with my mother. As a cancer survivor, I wanted to get her opinion about the movie and get her take on it. I mentioned it was a bit of a tear-jerker but had a good story, and she finally caved and went with me.

My first reaction was that the movie was a great representation of the book. As a lover of the book, that made me incredibly happy. It didn't stray from the book. And more than that, the movie had the same feeling that the book did. When I was watching the movie, I felt the same as when I was reading the book. It was clever and well executed. It was funny when it was supposed to be funny and sad when I was supposed to be sad. It was really incredible.

From someone who hadn't read the book, my mom said that she really enjoyed the movie. She thought that their feelings about their illnesses and how that effected their families really hit home for her. We were definitely both tearing up during the movie. Heck, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

There was one thing that irked me. I understood why they did what they did, but as a book reader I was expecting something a little different, and really, it is the difference of a couple of words. They changed the last line of the book in the movie, and it bothered me. However, given the symbolism of the line that they chose, I can give them a little leeway.

I'm just going to say that I also loved the actors that they chose for this movie. I was a little concerned with the fact that I had just seen them play in Divergent, but they are professionals. I thought I would think about them in their formal roles, but they made their characters come to life. I couldn't help but think of Woodley as Hazel and Elgort as Gus.

With all of that said and done, I have to say that everyone should see The Fault in Our Stars. Like I said before, you can get this movie on DVD or get a digital copy from online stores such as iTunes and Amazon. I hope that everyone will have the same experience with this movie as I did.

Well, that's it for this post! Comment down below on other movies you would like for me to review. You can subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. You can stay up to date on the blog and ridiculousness about my life by following my twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. You can add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. You can follow the tumblr dedicated to this blog, and you can find it at this link. That's all for now! Read on, lovelies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018