Last Minute Christmas Gifts for Your Bookworm: Reading (and More) List!

Hello, everyone! I'm back, and the season of giving is upon us. A few of you may have a bookworm on your list of gift recipients for Christmas, and you don't want to give them the same old Books-a-Million gift card that they seem to get every year. If that's the case, I've got a list of gift ideas that are unique and are sure to make your bookworm's Christmas the merriest it could possibly be. Now, let's get onto the list!

First things first. We have to start a list of possible gifts for book-lovers with a book. My suggestion is Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. Along with being on my "To Read" list, this book won the New Kid on the Shelf award by Epic Reads. Basically, it was voted to be the best debut novel of the year. Chances are your giftee hasn't got their hands on this book yet, but if they have that one, here's a link to all of the winners this year. You can get this book on Amazon for about $13, and you can find it at this link.



Let's say that your book lover is a more modern reader. The perfect gift for them is an e-reader, and I personally recommend the Amazon Paperwhite Kindle. I use mine almost every day. It's perfect for my classes, and with me being an English major, that is saying a lot. It's nice to have a device that is perfect in all lighting and has a book for whatever mood I'm in. It's also a great way for me to get the newest books immediately. This gift is a little steeper at $99, but you can also go for the more economic Kindle that comes in at $59. You can find the Paperwhite here and the regular Kindle here.



Now something that I've recently gotten into to ease the stress of finals and research papers is bubble baths. "What does this have to do with book lovers?" you may ask. Well, let me tell you. I've found a bathtub caddy that allows me to soak up the suds while reading my favorite books. The two that I recommend are this one for $35 and this one for $45. It will guarantee your book lover a few moments of peace, and no one should bother them during this chosen moment of reading.



When I settle in for a long read, I tend to get as cozy as possible. The best way the accomplish cozy is a super comfy sweatshirt. One of my favorites is a sweatshirt by BookTuber PolandBananaBooks. It's the booklion sweatshirt, and I have to say I prefer being called a booklion rather than a bookworm (no matter what I titled this list). It's $30 plus shipping and can be found here, but the bad news is it may not be here before the holidays. If that's a concern, I also suggest the "I Read Banned Books" sweatshirt by CafePress, which you can find here.  It will set you back $38.

BOOKLION SWEATSHIRT

Speaking of cozy, nothing goes better with a good book than a big mug of tea. CafePress doesn't just have a large array of sweatshirts and other clothing apparel, they also have an incredible inventory of creative mugs. You can find a mugs related to all fandoms from Harry Potter to Jane Austen. However, if you don't know your book lover's particular fandom, I suggest getting this mug with a quote of tea and reading for $15. To spice up your gift, I also suggest this assortment of herbal teas, which is available at Walmart for about $3.

Mugs

The next gift I want to suggest is more of a novelty item, but it's for that book lover that loves the smell of old books. Thank goodness, FromThePage on Etsy was smart enough to take that scent and put it in a candle. The prospect of making my room smell like a library filled with musty books is incredibly tempting for myself. However, if you want a candle to smell like this one, you're going to have to wait until after Christmas. But I think it would be a nice gift for the book lovers you see after Christmas. If that's not your style, you can get your booklover this candle from Bath and Body Works that's about $22, and the relaxing scent will take your bookworm (ahem lion) in the Forbidden Forest.

221B Baker Street Soy Candle - 8 ozMahogany Teakwood 3-Wick Candle - Home Fragrance - Bath & Body Works

Last but not least, I must mention movies based on books. Many of the time, the movies don't live up to the expectations to the readers. But if I could recommend any movie that came out this year, it would have to be The Fault in Our Stars based on the book with the same title by John Greene. I've reviewed the movie and book, which you can find here and here, and I can't express how much I love this movie. This movie runs anywhere from $10-$30 depending which version you get and where you get your DVD from. I'll add this link from Amazon to the one with all of the bells and whistles.



That's it for this post! Comment down below on what you would get your friend, significant other, or co-workers who loves books for Christmas. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. Follow me on twitter for up to date information on the blog and ridiculousness about my life @KK_Donna_Blog. Lastly, follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, which you can find here. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018