Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: Re-Read Book Review #1 / Twilight Revisited in Facebook Mini Series?!





Hello, everyone! I’m back with a Re-Read Book Review! Not only is this the first of this series for the blog, but it is an extra special post. I’ve just got through rereading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer in honor of the new reboot series that is going to be popping up on Facebook. Because of this, I’m going to be talking about the book as well as what I think about this reboot idea.  But enough about that, let’s get onto the review!

Rereading this book has been very interesting. It’s the first time that I’ve done it while I’ve been in college, and I’ll admit that it felt like going back in time for me. I was brought back to high school and obsessing over these characters. It also felt a little weird too. For a while now, Twilight has been the butt of many a joke, and part of me felt like I had to sneak around to read my book. To be fair, I got over that quite quickly.

I did like reading Bella and Edward’s relationship again.  I know that people are quick to say how creepy the relationship is, and I totally get that. The sleep stalking thing went a little far, but I did like other aspects of their relationship.  They want to protect each other and be together. It’s like a very intense version of your first true love.

One aspect that was interesting as I read was the fact that I already knew what Edward was, a vampire. I knew all the lore behind and could guess what his motives were because I have read all of the books in the series. While it made it difficult for me to engage in some of Bella’s thoughts of what Edwards could possibly be, I kept asking myself, “What’s Edward thinking here?” While a few of us have read a book from Edward’s point of view titled Book Which Shall Not Be Named, rereading Twilight made me think again about Edward’s perspective.

One thing I that I found a little disappointing was the fight scene at the end. Of course, after watching the movie where we get the whole picture of what happened, the book ending seemed to be lacking a little luster. Instead, we get James throwing Bella around a bit and a fade to black book version.  While it made sense for the book and what was happening, it leaves the reader feeling a little disappointed.

It was a little hard for me imagining the characters as something other than their movie counterparts. While that may not be a bad thing, I found myself expecting one thing to happen and something else occurs, which is weird. I didn't think I would have that much of a problem with it. That also may be because of the wait in between reads.

I still found myself enjoying Twilight. I might even go on with the rest of the series, but it may be a while before I do one for the blog. I may bring them back up for when Facebook does their mini series. With all of this in mind, I give this book three and a half apples out of five.


Now let's talk about this mini series. According to several sources, Lions Gate and Facebook are coming together to create this series titled The Storytellers — New Creative Voices of The Twilight Saga.

From the articles that I read, it sounds liked there is going to be a competition of sorts with a panel of judges from the author Stephenie Meyer to director of the first Twilight film Catherine Hardwicke to the actress who brought Bella to life the first go around Kristen Stewart. 

There's a lot of good things going on here. There are people that the Twilight fandom trusts to handle the series. There is a focus on women in the film industry, and they may be able to bring a new light to the franchise. I think that from the information we have so far, we all have a chance to hope that this could end out well.

But to be honest, it's too soon to tell anything yet. For all we know, we could end up with a terrible rendition of the Twilight Series that we'll be laughing about until we're rolling in motorized chairs. Then again, it could be a really inventive take on a book series that many of us really love. Only time will tell Twihards. 

That's it for this post! Comment down below with your thoughts about this reboot. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe Box down below and off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. Follow the blog on twitter for up to date information about the blog and ridiculousness about my life @KK_Donna_Blog. Lastly, follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies. I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018