How to Make a Quiver for Your Katniss Costume: Cosplay Tutorial



Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm here to show you how I made my quiver. I was planning to use this technique for when I do my Katniss cosplay, but I haven't found the perfect fabric yet. Hopefully this tutorial will help you make your own quiver. I will say that I use this quiver in my everyday use, and it's really easy to do.

I will also say that this is not an idea that I came up on my own. I did a little research and found this site. I pretty much followed everything step by step up until she added the extra fabric to the top part of her quiver. I opted out of that part of the tutorial. I'll go step by step and show what I did to achieve my own quiver.

Here's a list of things that I used and what they cost:
     2 yards of faux leather fabric - $7
     One spool of all purpose thread - $5
     One cardboard box - Free
     Packing tape - $5
     Box cutter - $4

As you can see, it was pretty inexpensive. I owned most of the materials, and I plan to use scissors and packing tape again. I also have leftover materials so that I could make at least two more quivers if I wanted to.

I started out with the cardboard box. After I measured a side against one of my arrows, I cut it. The piece of cardboard was a little bit shorter than my arrow so that the arrow would stick out of the quiver. You can see what I'm talking about in the picture down below.



After cutting the cardboard, I rolled it with a rolling pin so that it wasn't straight piece of cardboard. After getting it in a semi-round shape, I tape it together so that it resembled a tube. Again, you can see this in the picture that I took down below.




The next thing that I did was take some faux leather fabric, wrapped it around the cardboard, added a couple of inches to the end, and cut it from that measurement. That is a horrible way to describe what I did, and I can't figure out a better way to say it. Look at the blog that I mentioned, and that will help. I sewed the fabric together with the leather side facing inward. You can see what I mean in the picture down below.



Next, I measured the circumference of the cardboard tube, and I cut a circle of fabric based on those measurements, adding a little so that I could sew the bottom while it was inside out. This is used as the bottom of the quiver. I took a picture. You can see it down below.



Then, I flipped the fabric so that it was right side out, pushed the cardboard tube inside the fabric tube, and flipped the extra fabric at the top to the inside of the tube. You can see this in the pictures below.



Lastly, I took two strips of fabric, sewed them together to create the strap, and sewed the strap to the bottom and the top of the tube. At first I tried to staple the strap on, but the strap did not stay on for very long. If you don't wont to sew this piece, I would suggest a strong fabric glue. For the best results, sew it on, but it is a little difficult to accomplish.



And there you have it! You have a quiver for your cosplay and archery needs. I hope that this tutorial helps! That's all for this post. Comment down below on some cosplay tutorials that your would like to see on the blog. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe Box down below or off to the right. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button to the right. Follow me on twitter for up to date information about the blog and ridiculousness about my life. Lastly, follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, which you can find at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018