Bitter-Sweet Stories Designs Headband - Product Review!



Vampire Academy Headbands - Bow Style

Hello, everyone! I'm back, and today I'm reviewing two fandom related items. They come from two different fandoms, but they are technically the same item. If you follow me on twitter, which you can find at this link, you will know that I'm talking about the fandom headbands created by Bitter-Sweet Stories Designs. But enough about that. Let's get onto the review!

I bought two headbands from Bitter-Sweet Stories Designs on etsy. You can find their shop at this link. I bought the Divergent related headband that is designed with all of the faction symbols in their respective colors. I also bought the Vampire Academy related headband that has all of the dhampir marks as well as all of the elemental symbols for the Moroi including the spirit symbol. Each of them were eighteen dollars and came in the "bow" style.

I have to say that I really like these headbands for different reasons.  Let's start off with the Vampire Academy version. This one is thinner but a bit longer than the Divergent headband. I particularly like this one for when I have really curly hair. It keeps my hair in place, but still shows off my voluminous curls.

The Divergent headband is a bit bigger in the width of the headband but shorter length-wise than the Vampire Academy. Sine it is a bit longer width-wise, I tend to use it when I have my hair up in a pony tail or a bun. It helps keep my baby hair away from my face when I'm reading or using my tablet.

Both of the headbands are made of cotton, which basically means that there isn't much of a stretch in the material and does not fit super snugly on the head. That was okay with me because I tend to get a headache if the elastic makes the headband too tight. I did have a problem with it sliding at the nape of my neck from time to time. A bobby pin is a quick fix for that problem.

It's also described as having a bow, which I don't necessarily agree with. It looks more like a tab that connects the fabric. To be fair, I probably wouldn't like it with a bow, and I just put the tab at the nape of my neck anyway. Plus, I really want to show off all of the symbols of these series that I love. So I do tend to hid the little tab in an effort to project my fandom pride.

Both of these headbands are pretty cool. They are a bit pricey being eighteen dollars apiece, but I think that it's worth shelling out the dough for a handmade item that is clearly made with care. Check out the pictures down below of both of the headbands I've mentioned in this review

That's it for now! Comment down below on some of your favorite fan-made creations of fandom merchandise. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email address to the Subscribe Box down below. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right of this page. Get up to date information about the blog and ridiculousness about my life by following me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. Lastly, you can follow the tumblr dedicated to this blog, and you can find it at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Both Headbands in Packaging

Vampire Academy Headband in Packaging

Divergent Headband in Packaging

Size Difference

Bow Detail

Divergent Headband

Vampire Academy Headband

Business Card for Bitter-Sweet Stories Designs

Both Headbands


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018