Update: Where I've Been

There are so many things going on right now, my lovelies, and I would love to say that any of it had to do with reading. A little did, but for the most part, I've had a hard couple of weeks. I've been getting all of my graduation forms together so that I may graduate on time.  It's getting closer and closer to the end of the semester which means I'm about to hit due dates for research papers and finals. Each bring along their own set of worries, but both together is enough to send me into a state of panic.

Part of me doesn't want to write what else is wrong because it would feel like setting something into stone, and I don't want it to be true. But it is, so I will. On the other hand, it may help me feel better talking about it with other people. I lost someone very close to me two weeks ago. He was my great uncle, but really, he was a second grandfather to me.

You may remember me mentioning him in How to be a Heroine when I was discussing archery equipment. He gave me his recurve bow and took me to archery store that his friend runs. The last thing that we did together was go to the store, buy a finger guard, and grab a couple of cheeseburgers. It was such a normal day but a happy day, and I'm glad that was the last day that I had with him.

I wanted so many more days, but he just started chemo therapy. It made him so sick, and he couldn't do the things that he wanted to do anymore. As cliche as this may be, he loved working on the farm. He liked tending to the horses and riding around in his truck. He wasn't going to be able to do those things anymore. He would have been miserable.

But he was such a good man. He came to live with my grandmother after her husband died. He wasn't her only brother, but he's the one that chose to stay with her and to help her. He was with her for more than a decade. He was essentially my grandfather for as long as he lived with her.  He is someone that we are all going to miss.

I will be getting back into a routine, but as you can tell, it may be a little hard for me to get back to a semi-set schedule. But thank you lovelies for listening to me ramble about a man you don't even know. It feels good to just let it off my chest. I think that will be where I end this post. Read on, lovelies. I'll see y'all next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018