The Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells: Book Review (School Edition)!



Hello, everyone! I'm back with another book review. Today's book review is one of my school books from my Popular Genre (that genre being science fiction) class. The book is The Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells. Now, on to the review!

This book is about a guy named Edward Prendick who after being shipwrecked, finds himself on a mysterious island which is inhabited by the scientist Dr. Moreau, his assistant Montgomery, and strange men. After investigating, Prendick finds out that Dr. Moreau has been experimenting on the people on the island, and then everything gets really messed up.

I have to say that I was pretty surprised by this novel. I actually enjoyed it! One of the things that I loved about this story is that it did not turned out the way I expected it to. See, before reading this novel, I didn't do any background research. So, when Prendick was worried about what he thought was happening on the island, I did as well. I did see everything through his eyes very well, and I believed him.

I also enjoyed how this one explained the science. In Journey to the Center of the Earth, I felt like I was bombarded with science stats that didn't actually help the plot along. In The Island of Dr. Moreau, the novel gave enough science behind the transformation to be believable without weighing down the narration.

I really appreciated the horror behind it. It has the classic elements of the mad scientist gone array. It scared me, and I think that's really good for this science fiction novel. However, there is one thing that irked me about this story. I don't think that there's much rereading value. Once you know the story, you know the story. It isn't long enough to be too invested in the characters, and once you realize what's happening on the island, you don't feel the need to go back and reread the story.

All together, I give this novel three and a half bunnies out of five!


That's it for this review! Up next, I will be reviewing a few fun books that may or may not have had a movie come out recently. If you want updates for the blog sent directly to your email, add your email to the Subscribe Box down below. You can add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. You can also follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog to get updates for the blog and about my life. Lastly, there is now a tumblr for the blog, and you can get there by clicking this link. That's it for now. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018