The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Official Movie Companion by Kate Egan: Book Review!



Hello, everyone! I'm back with another book review. As per my New Year's Resolution, I have been reading some fun books along with my school book load. Last week I read The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Official Movie Companion by Kate Egan. So, let's get on with the review!

Now, as a cosplayer (or at least, a cosplayer wannabe), an official movie companion is a gold mine. There are a ton of large high resolution photographs, which include some from behind the scenes. Sometimes when you're watching a movie, you cannot get the entire outfit or all of the details that pictures like these can provide. This companion does a good job of showing exactly what we're missing when we see the movie.

Let's look at this book as a connoisseur of books rather than a cosplayer. It has a lot of details about how the movie was made, actor involvement, what when on behind the scenes, and what  a movie like this really means to all of the fans. They had some really interesting stories about the actors and some great quotes from the director and producers.

One of the problems I had with the Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Official Movie Companion is that all of the boxes with writing in them had the exact same text as that outside of the box. It was annoying to read the same thing over and over. This one, thankfully, did not do that. There were some quotes that were larger and placed in the middle of the text it was quoting. The Catching Fire companion felt more like a newspaper than whatever annoying tactic the City of Bones companion was trying to pull. It also had separate boxes with completely different information, which was good to see.

Now, I love the content of this book and the format was pretty good; however, since I've read all of the Twilight movie companions, I have a certain standard for movie companions. I expect a lot considering how much information the Twilight movie companions give their readers. With that said, I feel like there could have been more back story of the filming process. So, all together I have to give this movie companion four imax cameras out of five.


That's it for this review! I'm happy to be back and enjoying a new month of reading. Up next, we have books such as Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and The Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells. But for now I have to go and do actual homework. I will be posting very soon though. If you want to subscribe to the blog, add your email to the Subscribe Box down below. You can add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. You can follow me and the blog on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. Lastly, I have a tumblr blog now. You can find it at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see you next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018