Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead: Book Review!



Hello, everyone! I'm back with another fun book review. This one is the third book of the Vampire Academy series, Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead. Like I said in my last post, I am trying to catch up posting reviews before I read any more books. With that said, I read this book about a week or two ago, but I went back to take a second look before posting the review. Now on with my review!

Shadow Kiss continues the story of Rose, Lissa, Dimitri and Christian, but now Adrian has joined everyone at St. Vladimir. The team has found out the Victor hasn't been convicted yet. Rose is started to see dead people. Christian is getting jealous over Lissa spending time with Adrian. More importantly, Rose is dealing with seeing dead people, in particular Mason. She's finding out that being shadow kissed isn't such a good thing, and this book deals with the repercussions of that.

Something that I really love about these novels is that there is such character development. Rose has experienced a personal loss, and it changes her. She starts to act less recklessly. She realizes there are consequences for her actions. Also in this book, Rose begins to have an inner struggle about what she is losing from being a guardian and how much being a guardian means to her. She still believes everything that she has been taught about guarding Moroi, but it hurts her to not have the relationship that she wants.

Also, it has to be said that this book has one of the biggest "turns" in the series. Everything we think we know about the characters and what we think will happen completely changes within the last part of the novel. I won't give anything away about the ending to this story, but I can say that it completely blew my mind. Also, after making my roommate read the series, she was also very surprised with the outcome.

With all of this said, I am going to give this story four and a half chotkis out of five. The only reason that this book doesn't get a five out of five is because of Alice. Not that I don't love Alice, in fact I find her pretty interesting, but I think that the way that she knew some things wasn't actually explained leaving a bit of a hole in the plot.


That's it for this review! Only two more from the Vampire Academy Series, and then we will be on to The Maze Runner series, just to take a break from vampires for a little while. You can follow the blog by adding your email to the Subscribe Box down below. You can add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. You can follow me on twitter and get up to date information about the blog and my life @KK_Donna_Blog. Lastly, you can follow the tumblr dedicated to the blog, and you can find it at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018