Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: Book Review!



I'm back with another review. This time, it's finally not a school book. To be fair, my school books take up the majority of my time, so I had to read this in pieces when I can normally just go through it. Because of that, I might forget a couple of things that I actually want to talk about. Never mind all of that. I'll just get straight to the book. Don't worry. Once again, this will be a spoiler free review.

I am so biased because I love Cassandra Clare's writing style and the way that she is able to twist everything, but I will say it anyway. I really love this book. I think I'm finally getting over the fact that this is historical fiction, maybe even coming to enjoy the genre. Now, my fiction writing professor always talks about having a set of rules for your world your story is in and then break them. Cassandra Clare does that. She has her rules of Shadowhunters and Demons and then flips them on their heads, like Will and his demon - problems. I thought that part was great. It has angst, but relief, and then angst again.

By far my favorite part of the book was a scene close to the end. I won't say what actually goes on but it happens between Charlotte and Henry. They may now be my new favorite couple in this book. I was crying and happy and freaking out all at once. If was just so well done, and this was one moment I didn't see coming. It was just really, really well done.

Lastly I'm going to talk about the very last scene of the book. Cassandra Clare loves to do this. She adds one scene at the end that makes us what to scream in frustration. You know what I'm talking about: the cliffhanger. Clare turns it into a "I've got bigger news than you" contest. First its Tess and Jem. Then its Henry and Charlotte. Then someone bursts in during dinner and takes the cake. Not literally, of course. I don't think they had cake, but this person sets the tone for the next book. I have some ideas of what might happen, but I guess you'll have to wait until my next review to find out.

Thanks so much for reading this review! If you have your own views on this novel, jot them down below in the comments section. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email to the "Subscribe" box down below. Add me to your circles by clicking the Google+ button off to the right. Follow my on twitter to get ridiculous updates about my life and the blog @KK_Donna_Blog. That's it for now. I'll love y'all, and I'll see y'all next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018