The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: Movie Review! (Spoiler-Free)



Hello, everyone! In case you've been hiding under a rock for the past few weeks, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire movie came out November 22, and I'm here to review it! So, it's been a few weeks since Catching Fire has been out. Of course, I went to the movie the night it premiered because I'm such a fan girl. I have seen it again since then. I wanted it to sink in before I did this review so I wouldn't be "Oh my goodness! It's perfect! I wouldn't change a thing!" Now that everything has settled a little bit, I think I can do this review fairly.

If you've read the books, then you know what this movie is about. But in case you haven't this movie picks up where the last movie leaves off. Katniss and Peeta have just won the Hunger Games. Because of this, they are forced to go on a victory tour to the other districts. They find out that the districts are rebelling and they are looking to Katniss as a symbol of the rebellion. President Snow decides that he must kill the symbol in order to kill the rebellion. He makes it so the 75th annual Hunger Games' tributes will be reaped from the existing victors, insuring that Katniss will go back into the arena.

The movie has a really cool mix of drama and action. The drama comes from the relationship between the characters and the action comes from the rebellion and the arena. So it has the mass market appeal that girls can drag their boyfriends to and boys can drag their girlfriends to. It works for everyone, and by "works" I mean "it's fun."

There were a few things I found off about the movie. Now, I know that this will probably be a me thing, but I found the pronunciation of Plutarch Heavensbee's name was weird. But then again, I read it differently in my head than they spoke it on screen, but that I can get over pretty easily. Another thing I couldn't quite get on board with was Finnick Odair as played by Sam Claflin. Now the man is easy to look at. I mean the man is a hunk of good looking with a side of arrogance. When I read the book, I thought of him to be more charming, and I didn't get that when I saw him portrayed on screen. Even when he supposedly speaking to his girl from District Four, it came off as contrived to me. Not to say that I didn't like him. He got loads better once he entered the arena and everything just starts to all happen at once.

But enough about that, let's talk about what I loved about the movie. I love Jennifer Lawrence, but that's beside the point. I love Jennifer Lawrence's acting in this movie. She's one of those actresses that are not afraid to make the "ugly sad face," and that particular face of hers wasn't even ugly. It was the fact that she went for it in whatever scene she was in. I was really impressed. I was also impressed with new girl Jena Malone who plays Johanna Mason from District Seven. She was awesome. She stole the show whenever she popped up on screen, and I think they've set her up to do some cool stuff with her character development on the next movie.

The last thing I want to talk about it just the cinematography of this movie. I am so amazed by how good the movie looks. The scenery was both beautiful and haunting. I couldn't tell the difference between what was CGI'ed and what wasn't. All of the details that readers notice in the book can be appreciated in the movie. It was such a beautiful movie to watch and experience. They way that they handled both introducing new characters and taking away a few of the old ones really hits home for both lovers of the books and those who simply came to enjoy a good movie.

So, if you haven't yet, go see this movie! You won't be disappointed. It is worth the eight bucks that you'll spend. Now I can't say anymore without giving the movie away. I will hopefully be doing a Catching Fire Soundtrack review soon. So keep your peepers out for that. Comment down below what you thought about the movie. Subscribe to the blog by adding your email down below. Add me to your circles with the Google+ button to the right. Follow me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog for ridiculousness and more! I love y'all, and read on, book lovers (you can watch movies too)!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018