An Apology: The Confessions of a Fanfiction Addict and a Netflix Binger

Hello, everyone! I'm back, and I'm incredibly sorry about the lack of updating. Not just the blog either. I haven't been posting anything on my twitter or my tumblr accounts. It's just been incredibly busy since the last time I updated. I have a lot to tell y'all, and I have a lot of explaining to do. So let's get on with the show!

First off, for the entire month of July, I was off having an adventure in England! I was with my school for a study abroad program where I was studying - wait for it - British Children's Literature. I read things such as Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan. While having a traditional class experience, our professor and guest speakers took us around England and also Scotland of famous sites related to the literature our class was reading. We saw the places that inspired J. K. Rowling and sites that are mentioned in Peter Pan etc. It really was an incredible experience.

I would really like to post everything that I've done there in detail on here, but it may be a little while before I organize everything and get everything "blog ready." I can't wait to share everything with y'all, and I hope y'all get something from my experience. I also hope that I can convince others to take similar trips through detailing my experience.

There is also another reason that I have yet to post. I am here to confess that, yes, I am a fanfiction addict as well as a Netflix binger. Even now as I am writing this, I find myself having to take up more time because I'm trying to simultaneously watch several seasons of my favorite shows on Netflix and reading some of the most interesting and well-written Harry Potter fanfiction that I can get my hands on.

There is one good thing about fanfiction. There is something out there for everyone, and it's a good way for aspiring authors to test out there craft. I've always found it interesting  how other writers could take a story and put their own twist on it or extend a series further. However, since there are so many writers writing multiple fanfictions, there are millions of stories to read. Plus, it seems that I've found a couple that I enjoy rereading, which doesn't at all help with my issue of time management.

Now's there's also the binge-watching on Netflex. Since I've been in college, my time in front of the TV has been limited to one of my DVD's whenever I had a paper to write. Lately, my roommate has been giving me recommendations of televisions shows and telling me how they are all available on Netflix. Then one thing lead to another, and suddenly I'm watching five seasons of The Secret Life of an American Teenager. That nearly took up two weeks of my life on its own.

With all of this in mind, I am hoping to come back with a vengence. I'm bringing back all of the series including: Book Review, Book Review School Edition, Movie Review, How to Be a Heroine, Adventures in Sewing, and all that good stuff. I'm hoping to add a few more series in hopes of diversifying the blog just a little bit, and I hope y'all will stick around for more.

That's it for this post! Hopefully more posts will be making there way out soon! Post some comments down below for stuff you want me to cover on my blog. Subscribe to the blog by entering your email to the Subsribe Box down below. Keep up to date with ridiculousness about my life and the blog by following me on twitter @KK_Donna_Blog. You can also follow the tumblr dedicated to this blog, and you can find it at this link. Read on, lovelies! I'll see you next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories I Ate This Month: May and June 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: February 2018

Stories I Ate This Month: March 2018